Written by Lucy Edosomwan, MBA student, Boston campus, class of 2016.
When I sat down to write this post, I started with the simple question ‘What is Hult?’
The many and varied answers to this question surprised me. Hult is as much about personal experience and social impact as it is about career development.
So what’s it like to be a student at Hult? Here are 7 things that sum up my experience so far:
- Being a student at Hult is trying to understand how professors who are experts in economics, accounting, finance, and global diplomacy, can juggle publishing case studies on sustainability for the United Nations, co-teach at nearby institutions like Harvard, Babson, and Boston University, develop strategic plans for companies like IBM and GlaxoSmithKline, and still have time to leave additional comments on over 7000 midterm exams.
- Being a student at Hult is being even more connected to global and political issues because when incidents like the Paris attacks, Mecca Hajj stampede, or the Nepal earthquake occur, classmates and colleagues call home to check on family members, friends, and partners.
- Being a student at Hult is crossing oceans to a new country to build a career based on the business pillars of sustainability, scalability and social good while learning skills in adaptive thinking, team collaboration, and interpersonal influence. Because even the data-driven, hard analytics students need a human touch to understand and guide customers, stakeholders, and clients to better solutions.
- Being a student at Hult is late nights reviewing scribbled notes from class, meeting with your career counselor for the 12th time to review your resume, cover letter, or LinkedIn profile then going to the local bar to destress with friends over beer and fries.
- Being a student at Hult is friendships started in the elevator as you head to a networking event for global companies like HILTI, L’Oreal, Johnson & Johnson, or Google.
- Being a student at Hult is taking on the challenge of solving global issues with innovative ideas and strategy that effectively provide value and a better standard of living for communities small and large in every corner of the world.
- Being a student at Hult is having group WhatsApp chats with classmates from every corner of the globe. Sharing resources and information, discussing ideas of corporate responsibility, and cracking an inside jokes that make the days go by faster than you want them to.
This is the conclusion I’ve come to about ‘What is Hult?’
Hult is building a career, networking, becoming a global citizen, making friends, and building life long memories. Hult shapes your personal and professional development as a student, a business leader, and a human. What do you want from a business school?
Hult offers a range of highly skills-focused and employability-driven business school programs including a range of MBA options and a comprehensive one year Masters in International Business. To find out more, take a look at our blog Hult scores in top 20 in The Economist’s Which MBA? ranking for 2019. Download a brochure or get in touch today to find out how Hult can help you to learn about the business world, the future, and yourself.