What you say or don’t say can have life-defining consequences for yourself and those around you. Speak Up helps you to navigate power differences so you can talk confidently and enable others to be heard.
Megan Reitz, Professor of Leadership and Dialogue at Hult Ashridge was invited to ‘Talk Business’ with Aaron Heslehurst on BBC World TV, focusing on the launch of Megan and John Higgins’ new book, ‘Speak Up: Say what needs to be said and hear what needs to be heard’.
Exploring ‘Can you change the culture of your workplace one conversation at a time?’. Speak Up, based on the authors’ years of research examining leadership, dialogue, power and voice, shows you how to do just that. Based on the T.R.U.T.H framework, you’ll learn the importance of:
- TRUSTING the value of your opinion… and what happens when you don’t value the opinion of others
- Evaluating the RISK of speaking up… and appreciating the risks others may face
- UNDERSTANDING the politics of who says what to who… and why
- Owning the TITLES and labels people will put on you and others… and how that shapes what people get to say and who gets heard
- HOW to choose the right words at the right time in the right place… and how to help others speak up through what you do and say
Interview recording coming soon!