We want to keep everyone in the global Hult community updated on what we’re doing in the face of the coronavirus outbreak. The wellbeing of our current students, faculty, and staff is our main priority, and we want to ensure our future students are fully supported as well.
Our operations and safety teams have been continuously monitoring the situation, and we are following the recommendations made by the World Health Organization as well as the local authorities in the regions where we have campuses.
We are 100% committed to providing the same quality education to our current students for the remainder of the semester because we believe that education and learning should never stop. And we’re excited to see next year’s classes coming together, building student communities around the world.
- As you know, we switched to virtual classes and courses quickly and seamlessly, and these will be in place until the end of the term. We’ve invested in virtual learning for many years now and developed our virtual classroom experience to an excellent standard.
- At Hult, we do not use recorded online lectures and only teach live—the courses will be the same interactive classes and led live by the same professor as on campus. Classroom discussion and teamwork will still be prioritized, and students will be continually challenged to participate through interactive team and project work, class polls, virtual breakout rooms, and class presentations.
- Our academic and campus staff have been actively supporting and advising students virtually and continue to be available for all questions.
- Our student services are working with all clubs and societies and the Hult Student Associations to challenge the students to interact and continue to build the Hult community in alternative ways.
- In addition, our careers department has set up virtual career fairs with prospective employers and they, along with all other support departments such as visas, are fully available to connect with students to provide support on an individual basis.
- We’ve been in touch with you all to let you know that your personal enrollment advisors and campus staff are available to help answer any questions you have with regard to starting your degree this fall. Please reach out to them for guidance and support. You’re already a part of the Hult community and we’re here for you.
- For those wishing to apply to Hult, our applications and admissions process is continuing as usual and you can contact our enrollment team if you want more information or would like to talk. All of our events are going ahead virtually and are a great way to connect with us from anywhere in the world.
To all our current students, faculty, and staff, we want to say how proud we are of the fact that, wherever we are in the world, we remain connected and supportive of each other as a global community.
For questions or concerns not addressed so far through our communications, please email: email@example.com