CEO of DC Thomson Media Group,
Hult's Executive Speaker Series went to Dubai, where we were delighted to host Ellis Watson. The Hult audience was inspired by an enthusiastic leader who has proved the value of reinventing corporate culture and injected dynamism across leading companies, such as the Greyhound bus company and Mirror newspaper group.
Currently the CEO of Scottish media group, DC Thomson, Ellis successfully licensed top TV game show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” to 100 countries around the world. Ellis is currently applying his inspirational leadership skills as CEO of media group DC Thomson.
"Go and be impossibly positive, dynamic, and candid"
Ellis is a strong believer in the power of positive leadership to infect all areas of a company, encouraging managers to inject dynamism and lead by example. He has also championed, using a major external shock as a catalyst for positive change.
Ellis’s positive impact:
- Joined media group, DC Thomson, in September 2011 where he has boosted revenues and overseen the digital transformation of The Beano, a much loved British cartoon.
- Headed Syco, Simon Cowell’s, a joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment which launched hit TV show “The X Factor” in 2011.
- Rejuvenated the Greyhound bus company brand, saving this American transport institution from commercial brink.
- CEO of Celador International where he licensed the popular TV show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" to 100 countries around the world.
- Managing Director of the Mirror Newspaper Group.