"Mr. China" Entrepreneur, Author & Wall Street Veteran
Jack Perkowski appeared live at Hult Shanghai and shared his experiences venturing into the Chinese market. After graduating top of his class at Harvard Business School, Jack gained extensive experience on Wall Street helping boost revenues at financial services firm Paine Webber & Co.
Recognizing China’s future commercial potential, Jack spent over three years preparing for entry into the Chinese business world before gaining a foothold in this infamously tricky market, with major industrial enterprise, ASIMCO Technologies in 1994.
Overcoming challenges along the way, ASIMCO rose to become a leading player in China’s automotive industry, receiving the accolade of one of “30 Outstanding Entrepreneurs in China's Auto Components Industry Over the Country's 30 Years of Economic Reform"—the only foreigner to receive the award. Jack is also author of Managing the Dragon: How I'm Building a Billion Dollar Business in China and a regular commentator on Chinese business and economics for broadcasters and publications such as CCTV, the BBC, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, and The Huffington Post.
You can read more of his insights into contemporary Chinese business culture at his blog managingthedragon.com. We look forward to welcoming you at the event where Jack will share his experiences of doing business in China with the Hult community in Shanghai, China.
Jack Perkowski's Achievements:
- Jack founded ASIMCO Technologies, a major player in China’s automotive industry and unique foreign-invested company in Beijing in 1994.
- A major player in China’s automotive industry, ASIMCO was twice named one of the "Ten Best Employers in China." In 2008 Jack was recognized as one of “30 Outstanding Entrepreneurs in China's Auto Components Industry Over the Country's 30 Years of Economic Reform," the only foreigner to receive such an accolade.
- Established JFP Holdings Ltd in 2009. JFP Holdings Ltd is a merchant bank based in China which helps Western companies export their products, technology, and know-how to China, and assists Chinese companies to expand globally. Jack is currently Managing Partner of JFP Holdings Ltd.
Author and Commentator
- Author of Managing the Dragon: How I'm Building a Billion Dollar Business in China which was also translated into Chinese for the local market.
- Publishes his insights and reflections on the ongoing developments in China via his website and blog managingthedragon.com Jack’s articles on the Chinese economy and business world have appeared in major publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, the Far Eastern Economic Review, and BusinessForum China.
- Jack is also a frequent commentator for international broadcasters such as CNN, CNBC, Fox, the BBC, NPR, and CCTV, sharing his expertise on the Chinese market.
Wall Street Veteran
- After graduating in the top 5% of his MBA class at Harvard Business School, Jack spent over twenty years on Wall Street, rising to the position of Head of Investment at Paine Webber & Co..