Live in the world’s fastest growing economy
Shanghai is a city of breathtaking contrasts —with towering skyscrapers springing up next to ancient lane houses, and sophisticated boutiques emerging out of open-air markets. The ascendancy of China as an economic superpower centers around Shanghai. Known as the “Pearl of the Orient,” Shanghai boasts unrivaled cultural status in China as the birthplace of new trends and life-changing ideas. With nearly 23 million residents, Shanghai is one of the world’s largest cities —considered China’s most cosmopolitan metropolis. Hult puts you in the middle of one of the most transformative cities on earth.
Hult Shanghai Residences
Located in the business center of downtown Shanghai, within easy access of Hult’s campus by subway, and of major commercial areas including Xujiahui, Huaihai Road and Nanjing Road. The modern apartment complex consists of fully furnished apartments equipped with kitchen, living-room, broadband internet, air conditioning, TV, and 24/7 concierge and security guard. There are also free utility and housekeeping services, and restaurants.
Shanghai business glimpse
- Biggest city in the world’s largest emerging economy
- Center of China’s growing affluent middle class
- Home to China’s largest stock exchange
- World’s busiest container port
- Growing pharmaceutical hotspot
- Capital of China’s fashion scene
- Host of 2010 Shanghai World Expo, the best-attended trade fair in world history
First-hand cultural immersion
China has an exceptionally diverse culture and geography, with mountains, forests, grasslands, deserts and huge regional variations in customs, food, ethnicity, and religion. Hult organizes cultural events to advance students’ understanding of China; past offerings have included Chinese Kung Fu lessons, acupuncture seminars, tea ceremonies, World Heritage tours, and traditional art performances.
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to learn the world’s most commonly spoken language—Mandarin. Hult offers compulsory Mandarin lessons for non-Mandarin speakers throughout the year. Students will learn how to speak and later learn to read and recognize Chinese characters. This is a non-credited course.
Hult Student Services — helping you every step of the way
At Hult, we recognize that relocating to a foreign country may bring with it certain anxieties; so we have developed strong support systems for students during and after their transition. Our Student Services team aims to ensure that all areas of student life are supported, offering advice and guidance on a range of issues, such as accommodation, travel, health, immigration, and welfare.
Shanghai campus life and snapshot of past events
- Company visits to Chinese factories of Giant, Tyco Electronics, Alibaba, Ferrotec, Baosteel, Wahaha
- Roster of C-level executives discuss business in China
- Toured World Expo China Pavilion
- Chinese acupuncture demonstration
- Mandarin lessons
- Kung fu sessions
- Toured China's ancient water towns
- Huangpu river cruise
- Korn/Ferry, the world's largest executive recruiting firm, hosted a talk on special careers and Chinese leadership styles
- Excursions to Hangzhou, Suzhou, Guilin, and Beijing
** For 8 months, core modules, not during rotation. Accommodation description not contractual, subject to change, depending on availability