Dubai Campus Guest Speakers
Hult Dubai is always busy scheduling and holding regular company visits, career fairs, guest speakers, and many other student-oriented activities. Additionally, we have close connections with global and local headhunting firms, giving you wide exposure to business professionals in the region.
Recent speakers at the Hult Dubai campus
Award-winner Nayla Al Khaja, who runs her own production company in Dubai’s Media City, gave an impassioned presentation during Hult’s Executive Speaker Series, on how she struggled against traditional norms to kick start a fledgling movie industry and become one of the Middle East’s most highly acclaimed directors. When asked to give one piece of advice to female MBA students looking to succeed in business, Nayla said: “One big lesson I’ve learnt is that gender does not matter. What does matter is that you become a professional – you have to acquire the right skill sets to deliver the right product to make your client super happy.” She added that it is important for all would-be entrepreneurs to remember who they really are, and to keep trying – even when the economic outlook is dim.
Nayla graduated from Dubai Women’s College with a degree in Mass Communication in 1999 but realized her true calling lay in film production prompting her to apply to Ryerson University in Canada, well known for its Film making program. She graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor in Image studies – Film making. In recognition of her achievements, Nayla has received numerous awards and accolades including winner of UAE International Young Screen Entrepreneur (IYSE) Award 2010, as part of the British Council’s international award programme, Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE), as well as UAE Woman of the Year - Film/Photo Category - L’Oficiel Magazine 2009.
Previous guest speakers at the Dubai campus:
- Mr. Sanjiv Mehta, Chairman, Unilever North Africa and Middle East
- Mr. Philippe Dauba-Pantanacce, Senior Economist, Standard Chartered Bank
- Mr. Robert Garden, Managing Director, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Mr. Declan Hegarty, Managing Director and Head of Business, HSBC Middle East
- Ms. Claire Duce, Assurance Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr. Rajeev Lalwani, Partner, Technology Advisory, KPMG
- Mr. William Ho, Consultant, Deloitte
- Mr. Al Rajwani, Vice President - Arabian Peninsula & Pakistan, P&G
- Ms. Benedicte Hennebo, Head of Marketing, Middle East & North Africa, British Telecom
- Mr. Rick Campbell, Director - Oil & Gas, Schneider Electric
- Mr. Mishal Kanoo, Deputy Chairman, Kanoo Group
- Mr. Tariq Al Gurg, CEO, Dubai Cares
- Mr. Russel Sy, Managing Director, Tecom investments
- Mr. Choukri. A.Moubarak, Senior Vice President, Goldman Sachs & Co
- Mr. Michael Francis Andrew, Group HR Head, Etisalat
- Mr. Erwin Bamps, Chief Operating Officer, Gulf Craft LLC
- Mr. Panos Manolopoulos, Vice President – EMEA, Stanton Chase International